The International Film Festival for Children and Youth “Brave” will be held in the Krasnoyarsk region
The International Film Festival for Children and Youth “Brave” will be held in the Krasnoyarsk region from November 19 till November 23, 2020. The founder of the festival is the Ministry of Culture of the Krasnoyarsk region; the organizer is the Regional Government-Owned Publicly Funded Institution of Culture “Enisey Kino”; the President of the festival is Vladimir Grammatikov* (Moscow). All the festival events will be held both online and offline. The viewers will have an opportunity to watch the best Russian and foreign films made by emerging authors and acknowledged masters of the film industry. Workshops, art meetings, roundtable discussions with reputable representatives of the film industry will be held at the festival.
The festival traces its origins back to 2018 when it was held in All-Russian format and drew attention of the immense number of viewers. This year the festival has significantly extended its geography and become an international event. The Festival Directorate has received more than 180 (!) applications from 26 countries, including Belgium, Germany, India, Spain, France, Croatia, etc. The experts have selected 75 (!) films for the competitive program. 8 world and 11 Russian premieres will be screened at the festival. Taking into account the significance of 2020, a special film program dedicated to the 75th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War has been prepared.
In order to expand opportunities for young viewers to watch the films, the festival is planned to be held in two formats this year: main screenings of the competitive program will be held at the online-cinema “TVzavr”, and the residents of Krasnoyarsk will also be able to enjoy the premieres on the big screens of the cinema “Cinema Park. Gallereya Enisey” (Dubrovinskogo st., 1e) if the epidemiological situation permits. Moreover, it is assumed that the festival screenings will be organized in the cinemas of the towns of Divnogorsk, Kansk and Minusinsk. Other festival events will also be held in a double format, thereby it will be possible to follow them from any place with the Internet connection - regular live streams are planned on the official youtube channel of “Enisey Kino”: www.youtube.com/eniseykino. “The Festival Diaries” at the end of each festival day will also tell about the festival events.
The Chairman of the festival Jury is Vladimir Alenikov**. Particular attention should be given to honoured guest of the festival “Brave” - a young star of Russian cinema Vitalia Kornienko has confirmed her coming to Krasnoyarsk. By the age of 10 Vitalia has starred in more than 80 films including “Ice 2”, “The Age of Pioneers”, “Sputnik”, “Dzhulbars” and others.
The detailed schedule of the International Film Festival for Children and Youth "Brave" will soon be available on the official website of the festival - geroyfilm.ru and “Enisey Kino” - enisey-kino.ru. See you at the festival events!
And now you can get acquainted with the films included in the short-list. It is important to note that not only the members of the professional jury will select the winner, but also the viewers as well. All the films, regardless of genre, will be eligible for the Audience Award. Each viewer will have the opportunity to vote for the film he/she likes most of all. This can be done on a special page of the festival website geroyfilm.ru.
14 films are presented in the "Feature-length Film" nomination. Many of these films the viewers around the world will be able to watch for the first time.
- Red Bracelets – The Beginning (dir. F.Binder, Germany, 2019)
- Alfons Jitterbit - Countdown to chaos (dir. M. Schlitzer, Germany, 2019)
- My Grandpa is an Alien (dir. D. Zarkovic, André Skop M., Croatia, 2019)
- Chuskit (dir. P. Ramasubban, India, 2018)
- Following the dream (dir. I. Gobozashvili, Russia, 2019)
- About Lyolya and Min'ka (dir. A. Chernakova, Russia, 2020)
- Vesuri (dir. V. Lagunov, A. Yakimchuk, Russia, 2019)
- Cry of Silence (dir. V. Potapov, Russia, 2019)
- The Battle (dir. A. Abbasov, Russia, 2019)
- The Time Guardians (dir. A. Nikolaev, Russia, 2020)
- Artifact (dir. A. Oleinik, Russia, 2020)
- The Earth Side of the Moon (dir. A. Kim, Russia, 2019)
- My Little Sister (dir. A. Galibin, Russia, 2019)
- A childish adult, an adult child (dir. S. Tyutin, Russia, 2020)
6 professional films are presented in the “Full-length Animated Film” nomination. Each film can claim the main prize.
- Sheep and Wolves: Pig Deal (dir. M. Babenko, V. Nikolaev, Russia, 2019)
- Fixies vs Crabots (dir. V. Bedoshvili, Russia, 2019)
- Three Herous and the Crown Princess (dir. K. Bronzit, Russia, 2018)
- Space Dogs. Tropical adventure (dir. I. Evlannikova, Russia, 2019)
- Harvie and the Magic game (dir. M. Kotik, I. Evlannikova, Russia, Czech Republic, Belgium, 2018)
13 films will compete for the prize in the “Feature Short Film” nomination
- «Большая восьмерка» (реж. Иван Соснин, Россия)
- «Урок экологии» (реж. Иван Соснин, Россия)
- Mentor (dir. V. Zolotov, Russia, 2019)
- Ivan Packetny (dir. E. Nakhabtsev, Russia, 2018)
- When we open the gates of the sky (dir. P. Bykovchenko, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, 2020)
- Waiting for you (dir. E. Justus, Russia, Spain, 2018)
- Unchildren's home (dir. D. Rudakov, Russia, 2019)
- At a Height (dir. K. Darovskikh, Russia, 2020)
- Lucky ticket (dir. A. Korf, Russia, 2019)
- Hey, Gray (dir. N. Khozyainov, Russia, 2020)
- The Comet (dir. I. Obidova, Russia, 2020)
- Heaven is not for everyone (dir. P. Pantin, Russia, 2019)
- My name is Petya (dir. D. Binevskaya, Russia, 2019)
The "Animated Short Film"nomination includes the extensive program. It features 29 films from around the world.
- He can’t live without cosmos (dir. K. Bronzit, Russia, 2019)
- Ties (dir. D. Velikovskaya, Russia, Germany, 2019)
- Peter-baas (dir. A. Zhakulina, Russia, 2019)
- Apple Tree Man (dir. A. Vartanyan, Russia, 2020)
- Blanket (dir. M. Moshkova, Russia, 2020)
- Alaska (dir. O. Kuvaldina, Russia, 2020)
- Chess (dir. A. Pochivalov, Russia, 2019)
- Оrange cow, Hi, Nick (dir. T. Chernilevskaya, Russia, 2019)
- The Other Way Wolf (dir. I. Elshanskaya, Russia, 2020)
- Fairy-teens, The evolution of the species (dir. N.Berezovaya, Russia, 2020)
- Vezuha!, News from Lysogorsk (dir. A. Dyulgerova, Russia, 2019)
- Listen Papa! (dir. T. and O. Poliektova, Russia, France, Germany, 2019)
- Snow Queen: The Keepers of Wonders, Mysterious forest (dir. A. Korenkov, V. Nikolaev, A. Tsitsilin, Russia, 2019)
- Nature (dir. I. Leterrier, France, 2019)
- The Lucky ticket (dir. S. Andrianova, Russia, 2019)
- Cat Masha (dir.E. Gavrilko, Russia, 2019)
- The Closing Door (dir. L. Mrzlyak, Estonia, 2019)
- Swing (dir. L. Skotnikova, Russia, 2019)
- The Dessert (dir. Y. Tomilov, Russia, 2019)
- Behind the Christmas Star (dir. N. Fedchenko, Russia, 2019)
- Wandering (dir. E. Gornostaev, Russia, 2019)
- Nick the Inventor, Portrait of a best friend (dir. V. Oborvalov, Russia, 2019)
- Little big dream (dir. N. Bisyarina, Russia, 2019)
- Runmania (dir. D. Stolbetsova, Russia, 2019)
- How much does the cloud weigh? (dir. N. Biyarina, Russia, 2019)
- Chasing Stars (dir. L. Aldofredi, Netherlands, 2019)
- I am a carrot (dir. Ch. Hang, Taiwan, 2019)
- Northern Lights (dir. K. Wang, Netherlands, 2020)
- Beastly Robberies. Prado Museum (dir. M. Safronov, Russia, 2019)
The “Documentary Film”nomination presents an incredibly powerful program this year. 14 films claim the main prize of this category.
- The Crimea Battle (dir. V. Timoshchenko, Russia, 2019)
- God loves Porhov (dir. M. Zabelina, Russia, 2019)
- The Artek’s Hardening (dir. T. Miroshnik, Russia, 2019)
- Northern wind can be warm (dir. A. Golovkov, Russia, 2019)
- Children of Football (dir. P. Ivanov, Russia, 2019)
- Stay-at-home dad (dir. V. Khokhlov, Russia, 2019)
- Palekh – back on the map (dir. A. Abramov, Russia, 2019)
- Neseyka: the youngest daughter (dir. V. Marin, Russia, 2018)
- Ilya Kormiltsev. In Search Of The Whole (dir. A. Golikova, Russia, 2019)
- Like an angel (dir. E. Dubkova, Russia, 2019)
- The Air Comandante (dir. D. Artyushkova, Russia, 2019)
- Father Baikal (dir. M. Melnik, Russia, 2019)
- Against the Stream (dir. G. Kurdyaev, Russia, 2019)
- The Elephant of Okhansk (dir. L. Kudryashova, Russia, 2019)
The most children's nomination of the festival that includes works of young filmmakers only is "Mobile Film".In total, it features 12 films of the participants from all over Russia.
- Great grandfather (dir. D. Shaulskaya, 2020)
- War childhood (dir. A.Plekhova, 2020)
- Clean where they don't litter (dir. A.Isakova, 2019)
- Grandma's cactus (dir. Ya.Antsiferova, 2020)
- Mom's smile (dir. A.Milonova, 2019)
- Healing night (dir. P.Zabrodina, 2020)
- Field mail (dir. Yu.Tyulyupa, 2020)
- Miracle (dir. E. Shushenacheva, 2019)
- Debtor (dir. S.Dorokhin, 2019)
- Skibidi (dir. T.Spryzhkov, 2019)
- 103 (dir. B.Nikishin, 2020)
- Garden tricks from the Siberian village (dir. A. Yurochkina, 2020)
The International Film Festival for Children and Youth "Hero" is the only professional international film festival for children and youth on the territory from Eastern Siberia to Sakhalin in Russia.
The main aim of the festival is to provide conditions for the development of creative abilities and visual thinking of children, to broaden their horizons through acquaintance with outstanding examples of Russian and world modern and classical cinema, to develop moral values, aesthetic attitude toward the world around us, and own taste for art. The idea of searching a modern hero provides food for thought at the discussion panels where the invited film industry experts and the young festival participants will attempt to answer such questions as who the hero for the younger generation is and what a modern hero should be.
*Vladimir Grammatikov (Russia) - Soviet and Russian film director, scriptwriter, play-writer, producer, film actor. Honored Artist of the Russian Federation (1995). Creative producer of “Walt Disney Company CIS”.
**Vladimir Alenikov (Russia) – Writer, film director, play-writer, producer. Honored Artist of the Russian Federation, member of the worldwide association of writers PEN International. Academician of the National Academy of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences of Russia. Winner of Russian and international film festivals.
Information for Media:
8-902-941-44-77 – Nina Chupakhina
.8-923-272-43-64 – Ekaterina Bogomolova
Information for audience:
.8-923-272-43-64 – Ekaterina Bogomolova