The International Film Festival for Children and Youth “Brave” is over
It was held in the Krasnoyarsk region International Film Festival for Children and Youth “Brave”from 19 to 23 of November in online and offline format.
The founder of the festival is the Ministry of Culture of the Krasnoyarsk region, the organizer is the Regional Government-Owned Institution of Culture “Enisey Kino”, the live streaming of the Ceremony of Closing was held on the 23rd of November at the cinema “Dom kino”. During these five memorable days – from 19 to 23 of November – thousands of viewers watched the premiere films at the online cinema TVzavr.ru, and the residents of Krasnoyarsk, Divnogorsk, Kansk and Minusinsk watched the festival program on the big screens of the cinemas. This year the Festival Directorate has received more than 180 applications from 26 countries, including: Belgium, Germany, India, Spain, France, Croatia and other countries. The experts have selected 75 films for the competitive program, 11 Russian and 8 world premieres have been screened at the festival. A special film program dedicated to the 75th Anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War has been prepared.
Offline film screenings
The main offline-screenings of the films of the competitive program were held at one of the most modern cinemas of the Krasnoyarsk region – “Cinema Park. Gallereya Enisey”. The festival films were also screened at the Krasnoyarsk Regional Scientific Library, cinema “Dom Kino”, children's cinema "Mechta", cinema “Epicenter”, “Dom Iskusstv”. Besides Krasnoyarsk the competitive and non-competitive programs were presented in three towns of the Krasnoyarsk region – in Divnogorsk at the Cultural Center “Energetik”, in Minusinsk at the Library named after Eduard Uspensky, and in Kansk at the Town Cultural Center. At 10 screenings the films were presented by the guests of honor and members of the festival jury. Admission to all films was free. The total number of spectators is 3,753 people.
Online film screenings and events
Online film screenings of films were held on the site of the TVzavr.ru Internet cinema. According to preliminary data, films in this format were watched by about 30,000 viewers, including citizens Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Germany, France, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Mexico, Croatia, India and other countries.
In addition to film screenings, 14 events were held online. These are creative meetings, master classes, excursions. According to statistics, during the festival they were viewed 2 304 Now everyone can see these videos on the official youtube channel "Enisey Kino" https://www.youtube.com/eniseykino.
- Art meeting with Vladimir Potapov (film director, actor, screenwriter, producer);
- Art meeting with Anna Chernakova (film director, producer);
- Art meeting with Sergei Tyutin (screenwriter, film director);
- Video tour of animation studio “Melnitsa”;
- Workshop “The features of shooting a student non-fiction film” by Daria Artyushkova (film director);
- Video tour of the Moscow Animation Museum;
- Art meeting with Konstantin Bronzit (film director, producer);
- Art meeting with Vitalia Kornienko (a young film and dubbing actress);
- Art meeting with Vladimir Alenikov (writer, film director, producer);
- Art meeting with Alisher Khamidkhodjaev (cameraman);
- Art meeting with Georgy Molodtsov (director, producer, expert in VR-content)
- Art meeting with Tatyana Belova and Denis Chernov (the authors of the project “Kikoriki”);
- Art meeting with Sergei Giro (Krasnoyarsk actor who has played the lead role in the film "Hypnosis" by a director Valery Todorovsky);
- Art meeting with Elena Alferova (director of documentary films);
- Art meeting with Nina Romodanovskaya (editor-in-chief of the Internet portal "ProfiCinema").
As part of the festival program, the Krasnoyarsk Regional Scientific Library hosted a round table discussion on the topic “Cinema for Children and Youth. Problems and Prospects", that was attended by leaders and representatives of the sphere of culture and education of the Krasnoyarsk region, Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation and the Krasnoyarsk region, professionals of the Russian film industry and creative industries:
- Anzhelika Trofimova - Deputy Minister of Culture of the Krasnoyarsk region;
- Marina Moskalyuk - President of the Krasnoyarsk State Institute of Arts named after D. Hvorostovsky
- Alexander Patsenko - Deputy Chair of the Civic Chamber of the Krasnoyarsk region;
- Olga Kiryanova – Program Director of “Tochka kipeniya - Krasnoyarsk”;
- Tatyana Mezrina – Chief Specialist of the General Education Department of the Ministry of Education of the Krasnoyarsk region;
- Nina Romodanovskaya - Editor-in-chief of the Internet portal "ProfiCinema", Associate Professor of the Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (Moscow);
- Elena Alferova - Director of documentary films
and TV programs (Moscow);
- Denis Chernov - Lead Director of Petersburg Animation Studio, Principal Director of the animated series “Kikoriki” (Saint Petersburg);
- Tatyana Belova – Editor and Creative producer of Riki Group of Companies (Saint Petersburg);
- Vasily Buylov – Film Director and representative of the film studio “Sayanfilm” (Krasnoyarsk);
- Nikolay Bem – Film Director, Producer (Krasnoyarsk);
Moderators of the round-table discussion:
Irina Mastusova (Moscow), Executive Director of the Russian Animated Film Association, Deputy Chair of the Commission on culture and preservation of spiritual heritage of the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation (7th Composition), member of the Public Council of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
Irina Belova, Director General of the Regional State Budgetary Institution of Culture “Enisey Kino”.
Summing up the results
The summing up the results of the "Brave" festival took place in the evening of November 22 at the festival headquarters in the "Yenisei Kino". The jury meeting was attended by absolutely all members of the festival jury from around the world: Chernov D. (Russia), Belova T. (Russia), Kuznetsov A. (Russia); via teleconference: Albers M. (Germany), Bravo A. (Sweden), Dyekjaer C. (Denmark), Khamidkhodjaev A. (Russia), Molodtsov G. (Russia), Mussel M. (Russia). President of the festival: Grammatikov V. (Russia). Chairman of the Jury: Alenikov V. (Russia).
As a result of long debate a list of winners appeared:
- Best feature-length film for children and youth – “Alfons Jitterbit – Countdown to Chaos” (dir. M. Schlitzer, Germany, 2019, 93 min., 6+).
- Best feature short film for children and youth – “The Group of Eight” (dir. I. Sosnin, Russia, 2020, 21 min., 0+).
- Best full-length animated film for children and youth – “Fixies vs Crabots” (dir. V. Bedoshvili, Russia, 2019, 85 min., 6+).
- Best animated short film for children and youth – “He can’t live without cosmos” (dir. K. Bronzit, Russia, 2019, 16 min., 12+).
- Best documentary film for children and youth – “Northern wind can be warm” (dir. A. Golovkov, Russia, 2019, 60 min., 16+).
- Best adventure film for children and youth – “My Grandpa is an Alien” (dir. D. Zarkovic, André Skop M., Croatia, 2019, 79 min., 6+).
- Best director of films for children and youth – Alexander Galibin for the film “My Little Sister” (dir. A. Galibin, Russia, 2019, 95 min., 6+).
- Best screenwriter of films for children and youth – Ekaterina Sobol, Ilya Motovilov and Maria Ognetova for the film “Artifact” (dir. A. Oleinik, Russia, 2020, 93 min., 6+).
- Best cameraman of films for children and youth – Igor Popelyukh for the film “Artifact” (dir. A. Oleinik, Russia, 2020, 93 min., 6+).
- Best music composer of films for children and youth – Alexey Razumov and Elman Ragimov for the film “The Battle” (dir. A. Abbasov, Russia, 2019, 85 min., 6+).
- Best actor of films for children and youth – Igor Kozhevin for the film “The Group of Eight” (dir. I. Sosnin, Russia, 2020, 21 min., 0+).
- Best actress of films for children and youth – Lana Granets for the film “My Grandpa is an Alien” (dir. D. Zarkovic, André Skop M., Croatia, 2019, 79 min., 6+).
- Best actor in a supporting role of films for children and youth – Artyom Koshman for the film “Artifact” (dir. A. Oleinik, Russia, 2020, 93 min., 6+).
- Best actress in a supporting role of films for children and youth – Yevgeniya Scherbakova for the film “About Lyola and Min’ka” (dir. A. Chernakova, Russia, 2020, 85 min., 6+).
- Audience Award – “Following the Dream” (dir. I. Gobozashvili, Russia, 2019, 72 min., 12+).
- Grand Prix – “Red Bracelets – The Beginning” (dir. F. Binder, Germany, 2019, 115 min., 12+).
- Special nomination in the category “mobile film”: “Who is your hero?” – film “Miracle” (dir. E. Shushenacheva, 2019, 8 min.).
The Jury decided to award special diplomas to:
- Special Jury Diploma for artistic presentation of the topic: “My name is Petya” (dir. D. Binevskaya, Russia, 2019, 15 min., 12+)
- Special Jury Diploma for acting talent: Arslan Krymchurin for the film “My Little Sister” (dir. A. Galibin, Russia, 2019, 95 min., 6+)
- Special Jury Diploma for acting talent: Nicole Plieva for the film “A Childish Adult, an Adult Child” (dir. S. Tyutin, Russia, 2020, 90 min., 6+)
- Special Jury Diploma for humanism: Chuskit (dir. P. Ramasubban, India, 2018, 90 min., 6+)
- Special Jury Diploma for the best atmosphere: Nature (dir. I. Leterrier, France, 2019, 3 min., 0+)
- Special Jury Diploma for strong hero: “Against the Stream” (dir. G. Kurdyaev, Russia, 2019, 57 min., 12+)
The partners of the festival established their prizes:
- A special prize of the advertising and production company Headway was awarded to the film “Three Heroes and The Heiress to the Throne” (dir. Konstantin Bronzit)
- A special prize of the hotel “Snezhnaya Sova” was awarded to the film “He can’t live without cosmos” (dir. Konstantin Bronzit)
- A special prize of Stolby Nature Reserve was awarded to the film “Neseyka: the Youngest daughter” (dir. Vladimir Marin)
- A special prize of the publishing house “Komsomolskaya Pravda” was awarded to the film “Ecology lesson” (dir. Ivan Sosnin).
The Closing Ceremony
On the evening of November 23, the cinema “Dom kino” hosted an online broadcast of the Closing Ceremony of the International Film Festival for Children and Youth "Brave". Taking into account the difficult epidemiological situation, the Ceremony was held without audience in the hall, but at the same time the event was broadcast live on the official YouTube channel "Enisey Kino", so that thousands of viewers could appreciate the atmosphere of the film festival: the red carpet, the Krasnoyarsk chamber orchestra, the children's choir of the Krasnoyarsk Arts College, performance of guests, awarding of winners with diplomas and prizes.
The Krasnoyarsk Chamber Orchestra (director Mikhail Benyumov, conductor Leonid Zhukovsky); Vocal ensemble and soloists of the Krasnoyarsk Arts College named after Ivanov- Radkevich (headed by Tatiana Khodosh); jury members and guests of honor, including Vitalia Kornienko (Moscow) - a 10-year-old film and dubbing actress who, despite her young age, has already played in 80 films (including “Ice-2”, “Lev Yashin”, “Dzhulbars”, etc.), has dubbed and voiced more than 20 roles in foreign films and cartoons took part in the Closing Ceremony.
Krasnoyarsk citizens were also invited to the awarding ceremony: Kirill Bogomolov, a 15- year-old schoolboy from Krasnoyarsk who has performed a heroic deed and saved an adult man from drowning; Oksana Khikmatulina - the author of various kind projects; Vasily Builov - a director of fiction and documentary films.
The International Film Festival for Children and Youth “Brave” was highly appreciated by film industry professionals and young viewers and their parents.
See you at the Second International Festival “Brave” in 2022.
International Film Festival for Children and Youth "Brave" is the only professional international film festival for children and youth on the territory from Eastern Siberia to Sakhalin in Russia.
The main aim of the festival is to provide conditions for the development of creative abilities and visual thinking of children, to broaden their horizons through acquaintance with outstanding examples of Russian and world modern and classical cinema, to develop moral values, aesthetic attitude toward the world around us, and own taste for art. The idea of searching a modern hero provides food for thought at the discussion panels where the invited film industry experts and the young festival participants will attempt to answer such questions as who the hero for the younger generation is and what a modern hero should be.
Photos by: Andrey Starodym, Inna Konykova (Yenisei kino), Ruslan Maksimov, Alexander Panyotov (Kultura 24), Alexey Larichev Андрей Стародым, Инна Конюкова (Енисей кино); Руслан Максимов, Александр Паниотов (Культура 24); Алексей Ларичев
Information for Media:
8-902-941-44-77 – Nina Chupakhina
.8-923-272-43-64 – Ekaterina Bogomolova
The festival events were conducted in compliance with the safety regulations established by the Russian Agency for Health and Consumer Rights.